All you need is a web browser and Internet access to query data from WRDS. No software to install, no specific programming language to learn. After you've decided on which dataset to use, you can used our web-based query form to extract and output data in the format of your choice.
- Simple, powerful queries with a few clicks.
- Export into the format of your choice.
- Import into popular programs with ease.
Each dataset on WRDS includes a description of what's included as well as links to the pages for each query. The web-based version of WRDS is designed to work with any modern browser.
Our web queries have the same general format for all databases in WRDS. In almost all cases, you need to complete four steps:
- Chose your date range
- Select your company codes or tickers
- Select your query variables
- Select your query output type
When you submit your query, it runs on our powerful servers and is made available for you to download when it is complete.
Full documentation: Web Queries