CRSP Stock Database Structure
Explore CRSP’s stock database and find out why it is relied on by researchers across the globe.
Topics covered in this overview include:
- Types of Updates
- Time Series vs Event Files
- How to Merge the files
Data contained within the CRSP U.S. Stock database:
- Price and quote data (e.g. Open, close, bid/low, ask/high, trade-only).
- Holding period returns with and without dividends.
- Excess returns and other derived data items.
- Market capitalization.
- Shares outstanding.
- Trading volume.
- Security delisting information.
- Corporate actions.
- Identifiers, descriptors, and supplemental data items.
CRSP's rigorous analysis for accuracy and unique research source is characterized by its unmatched breadth, depth, and completeness — providing unique permanent identifiers backtesting, time series and event studies, and measurement of performance.