Assess risk relating to climate change, natural resource constraints, measure and report on ESG risks and opportunities across industries, and broader environmental, social, and governance factors.
Maximize your research impact
- Use Trucost Climate Analytics to assess climate risk and analyze positive impact to provide insight for academic research.
- Measure company exposure by exploring environmental costs and peer comparison with Trucost Environmental data
- Analyze sustainability through S&P Global ESG Scores and leverage our advanced scoring methodology, providing an annual evaluation of environmental, social and governance practices.
Access a Sample Subset of S&P Global ESG data
Academic Subscribers: Access the data sample
- Trucost Paris Alignment Identify the scale of reductions required by 2025 and beyond to meet the Paris Agreement goal—examining the adequacy of emissions reductions over time in meeting a 2 degrees C carbon budget.
- Trucost Carbon Earnings at Risk Value-at-risk indicators derived from region and sector-specific revenue exposure to carbon pricing under three scenarios.
- Trucost Physical Risk Evaluate company exposure to physical risk at the asset-level based on over 2.9 million+ assets mapped to 15,000+ listed companies.
- Trucost Environmental Assess environmental impacts and costs, identify, and manage environmental and climate risks.
- S&P Global ESG Scores Company-, dimension-, and criteria-level scores based on the S&P Global Corporate Sustainability Assessment (CSA) process. Gain insight into deep range of environmental, social and governance data that’s comparable across peers and subindustries.
Research Using Trucost Data
Are Carbon Emissions Associated with Stock Returns?
Jitendra Aswani (Fordham University), Aneesh Raghunandan (London School of Economics), Shivaram Rajgopal (Columbia Business School)
Sustainable Consumption and Production, Climate Change and Firm Performance
Maretno A. Harjoto (Pepperdine University), Clemens Kownatzki (Pepperdine University), Jillian Alderman (Pepperdine University), Robert Lee (Pepperdine University)